Saturday, September 24, 2011

Some Catching Up Needed

 

 


So tired.  We've had three days of walking, biking, and running (literally).  By the time we get back to the apartment all four of us want to use the one computer that doesn't pick up the internet half the time - even though we are paying extra for it.  Grrr.  So, blogging has not been fitting in as planned.  I'll catch up on this blur of touristing later today (I hope).
Nick and Chris left today for Berlin.  We planned the schedule so they could have brother time alone.  And, it turns out that Ernie and I are ready for old folks time.  Having our "boys" with us on this trip has added a level of pleasure that makes this trip extra-special.  It's a throw-back to the old days before all the major life changes.  And though I would never want us to have remained stuck in a little foursome family, it's a comfortable feeling to re-visit that place.  We've done well together.  I like the adults my sons have become and they are people I just like to hang around with.  I'm so proud of them.

We'll join them in a few days.  The next apartment is in east Berlin up six flights of stairs.  No elevator.  Dang Communists.

No comments:

Post a Comment