Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy Feet

  Yesterday Ernie and I actually hugged, jumped and danced when we got into our cabin. We were so ready for the king size bed and reasonable shower. The drawer and closet space is more than enough. There are several TV channels in English (we were starting to really miss TV). We have a big round porthole with nothing blocking our view. We got such a great price on this cruise, plus the cabin is nicer than we expected. All is good in our travel world.

The ship is gently rocking its way out of Naples, heading for Greece. We’ll have a day at sea tomorrow and we will do nothing read and nap in the sun. We’re so looking forward to it. Today we caught a bus to catch a train to go to Sorrento. It was an easy way to travel but took too long. We didn’t realize that we could taken a boat to Sorrento in 1/3 the time. Oh well. We came back to Naples on the boat and it was a scenic trip. Sorrento is a fairly peaceful town on top of a hill overlooking a bay in the Mediterrean. We strolled around the streets and picked up a couple of souvenirs for the family back home. Sorrento is famous for it’s marquetry (designs made with wood veneers) and Lemoncello (a liqueur made with lemons). We got a little of each.
We’re enjoying the four course dinners and the service. Tonight I went for all starters. I had pumpkin soup, onion soup, spinach dip and a Greek salad. The waiter didn’t even act like that was strange! I really could have stopped eating after the pumpkin soup but of course I didn’t. We skipped dessert to go to the show so I get points for that. The show was a Beatles cover band and they were actually pretty good. "John" in the band asked the audience to enjoy these songs popular from the 60's and somebody shouted out "we were there!" So true, almost everybody there was 50+. It was fun and we were cheesy and sang along to all the songs. I yelled out "I love you, Ringo" and Ernie cringed. The motto onboard is "You’ll Never See These People Again".
We bought a block of internet time on the ship so I can still blog and check FB and email. Aren’t you glad??
Maryl

3 comments:

  1. Good motto! Although that's what I say to myself every day but then I prove myself wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Ephesus from me and Leila!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be looking forward to some of that Lemoncello. And Ringo, seriously, the ugly one?

    ReplyDelete